Tuesday, May 15, 2012

New York

This trip to New York was very special to me, it was a long overdue trip to the big apple with my mom who is my best friend. We first went to a family wedding in Saddle River, NJ. It was my second cousin Paul marrying lovely Anna Marie. We thoroughly enjoyed their wedding from the cute chapel to all the hand painted pots which decorated the reception that Anna Marie's mom made, to the bride rocking it out on the drums with her band, such a fun couple and fun day. I wasn't shooting this wedding but here are a few moments I captured on the day.






There were some adorable little boys at this wedding, looks at these cuties.






Then came our mother daughter time in Manhattan! 

We had the best time, we did not stop, covering so much ground both day and night. Took in a show, Priscilla Queen of the Desert which was hilarious, the perfect mother daughter night out. We chatted with Helena Christensen in Anthropologie, spotted David Hasselhoff coming out of the theatre and got kicked out of Hogs and Heifers for treating it like a museum LOL! 

We had a gorgeous dinner at ABC kitchen, which is heaven, a lovely brunch at Balthazar and ate tons of cupcakes from Magnolia bakery. Not to mention the shopping, amazing boutiques. The best fun was cycling across the Brooklyn Bridge and around Central Park, so touristy I know but its got to be done. Definitely got some dodgy rental bikes in Central Park ;)

Here are a few of my favourite pics from the trip




Meatpacking district

5th Ave

Brooklyn Bridge



New York Library


Rockefeller Centre

Highline Park

Highline Park


I really fell in love with the store Free People when I was there, so geeky but I took snaps of the store interior, the one near Rockefeller Centre.





No comments:

Post a Comment